My style of wedding photography focuses on documentary and fine art editorial imagery. Throughout the day I capture moments directed and in the moment. Focusing on clean backgrounds and even lighting when directed. In candid moments I try to find the best angle to tell the story of the moment that evokes an emotional response. I want for all of my couples to feel their most elegant, beautiful selves.
Because I shoot film and love the gorgeous aesthetic it produces, my editing is clean and true to color. I do not focus on trending editing styles, as my goal is to ensure you love your wedding images from this day to twenty years from now.
Do you offer PHYSICAl products
Timelines & Details
Your invitations set the tone for your wedding day. On our timeline call I will walk you through everything you will need to have set aside for me on the wedding day. These items include but are not limited to:
• Fresh flowers from your florist
• Heirloom details such as jewelry or keepsakes
• All stationary with envelopes
• Wedding bands and engagement ring
• Champagne bottles*
• Special ring boxes
Provided by me are my accessories; like styling mats, ribbons, stamps, dishes etc to give your details an elevated artful look. Each wedding I start by introducing myself and catching up on all the excitement the morning has offered. From there I search the area for the best lighting to get started on creating. I throughly enjoy capturing the details first thing, it really helps me open up my creative flow for the wedding day!
What if it rains on my wedding day?
As much as I wish we could control the weather, especially for wedding days, that just isn’t realistic. This shouldn’t mean that you don’t get beautiful wedding portraits. My first plan of action is to find a suitable indoor solution if possible and I offer bride and groom photos the day after for when the weather is more ideal.
Planning and problem solving is one of my many talents.
Most often family photos are captured after the ceremony while your guest are enjoying cocktail hour. During this time my associate photographer is with your guest.
• Cocktail hour photographs consist of group photos of your guests and candid images provided up close and from a distance. We know that you want to see every moment of your day so we ensure all the best moments captured. This is one of the biggest reasons my wedding collections are tailored with two or more wedding photographers.
• Family photos are pre-organized before the wedding with my family photo template. After the ceremony your family will be instructed to stay for portraits. This part of our wedding day is directed and organized by my team and I for heirloom family images. I am highly trained in organizing large groups, handling delicate family situations with professionalism and compassion.
© ashly mccoy - wedding photographer 2023
email@example.com | 912.429.4465